Juniper Research unveiled today the 10 trends that are set to radically impact the fintech and payments landscape in 2024, included within its latest whitepaper.
„The whitepaper found that the fintech market is undergoing a rapid shift, with the rise of new technologies, such as Open Finance, generative AI and A2A (account-to-account) payments having a major impact on business models. This is combined with unprecedented competition to be ‘top of wallet’ for customers, making the market more competitive and uncertain than ever.” according to the press release.
The following trends are presented in the order of number 1 being most impactful, to number 10 being the least impactful. „Fundamentally, we consider the top 5 trends to be the most significant over the next year, but all 10 will have major repercussions across the ecosystem.” the authors says.
The trends are as follows:
1. A2A Payments to Challenge Cards in eCommerce and for Funding Wallets
2. CBDC Use Cases to Emerge in Practice
3. Generative AI in Banking to Transform Spending Insights
4. Digital Identity Adoption to Be Catalysed by Digital Wallet Integration
5. AML Tools to Increasingly Leverage AI as Alternative Payments Complicate Compliance
6. Sustainable Fintech Solutions to Emerge, as ESG Compliance Moves to Top of Agenda
7. FedNow to Fail to Match Instant Payments Success, but Value-added Services Will Flourish
8. Mobile Financial Services to Accelerate Transition to Banking Tech Services
9. Biometric In-store Payments to Surge, as Checkout Innovation Rises
10. B2B BNPL to Provide Critical Financing for SMEs
Juniper Research’s VP of Fintech Market Research, Nick Maynard, commented: “The fintech and payments market is undergoing fundamental changes, with new payment methods and different business models threatening to completely uproot existing operations. Stakeholders must fundamentally reassess the viability of their offerings, and build ambitious roadmaps for future developments, or they will be left behind by more agile competitors.”
These trends were compiled by Juniper Research’s expert team of financial markets analysts; cross-referencing their detailed industry knowledge against the online data platform harvest, comprising over 2.1 million fintech market statistics. Through this, industry stakeholders can navigate the ever-evolving fintech landscape and unlock advantage through intelligence.
Find out the key details you need to know by downloading our free whitepaper.
Banking 4.0 – „how was the experience for you”
„So many people are coming here to Bucharest, people that I see and interact on linkedin and now I get the change to meet them in person. It was like being to the Football World Cup but this was the World Cup on linkedin in payments and open banking.”
Many more interesting quotes in the video below: