More than 150 people passionate about entrepreneurship joined Hackaton Innovation Labs 2.0 at the Polytechnical University Bucharest, all willing to develop a startup that will change the world.
The jury had the difficult mission of choosing the 16 teams that are going to enter the Innovation Labs 2.0 pre-acceleration program. After deliberation and negotiation, they finally agreed on the next 16 ideas that will change the world.
And the winners are:
1. TrafficVoice, app that offers realtime access to the huge information exchange delivered trough CB radios by professional drivers
2. Candy Crushers, an Android App which helps people manage medical treatments
3. Coffee Coders, web and mobile app for facilitating real estate transactions
4. CookBuddy, a mobile app that helps you cook by diving the recipe in simple steps and interacting with users using voice commands
5. eHonk, app that alerts you when you parked in a wrong place
6. GetITDone, Microsoft Surface App for musicians and people that are passionate about music
7. MooseBlasters, mobile app that measures your alcohol level
8. Nivalis, app that helps identify customer behaviour through shopping patterns and location activity
9. Openmind, retail analytics platform
10. TeamFeature, API that can be easily integrated in websites and it’s used for scheduling
11. Thot, social app in which people can show their availability to carry packages from one city to another
12. UpRise, app that provides social interaction over fulfilling commitments
13. WebSeers, app that uses social media and videogames to determine trends
15. Cageware, team that builds a cross-platform application that helps farmers sell their grain production to any granary they like, at the desired price
16. Cakebreak: photo sharing app that allows you to pick the right pictures and friends to share them with directly from your smartphone
Today, finalists are going to officially start the program with an orientation day where they are going to find out more about the structure of Innovation Labs 2.0 and what expectations are from them.
“For the next 3 months, they are going to attend TechTalks (open discussions with professionals and tech experts) and mentoring sessions that are going to support them in their efforts of building great tech products with disruptive potential.”, according to a press release.
Members of the jury: Todi Pruteanu (Business Strategy Manager Microsoft Romania), Julien Ducarroz (Chief Commercial Officer Orange), Crina Ţenovici (Head of Data and B2B Communication Orange), Raluca Georgescu (Co-Organizer E-Commerce Awards Gala GPeC), Teodor Ceauşu (Country Manager IXIA România), Andrei Pitiş (business angel and associate professor of the Politechnics University), Cristi Badea (Co-Founder of Mavenhut), Ioana Petrescu (Associated Professor University of Maryland) or Lucian Gramescu (Operations Manager Junior Achievement Romania).
Next weekend, the Innovation Labs Hackathon is going to take place in Cluj.
Banking 4.0 – „how was the experience for you”
„So many people are coming here to Bucharest, people that I see and interact on linkedin and now I get the change to meet them in person. It was like being to the Football World Cup but this was the World Cup on linkedin in payments and open banking.”
Many more interesting quotes in the video below: